|Program Management & Reporting
- Prepared for and attended the following meetings
during November: schedule update meetings on November 3,
WERF Peer Review on November 9-11, a US District Court hearing
on November 10, and a Court Committee meeting on November
- Prepared a Wayne County progress report on the 14 month
schedule for the court hearing.
|Office Services (WMD6.6)
- Prepared several WERF presentations for Peer Review
Committee; completed update of invoice narratives; edited
and made copies of Wayne County Commissioners presentation;
and reviewed and formatted abstracts for WEFTEC 99
and submitted to Technical Coordinator.
|Subgrant Administration (WMD6.7)
- Reviewed subgrant contractual reimbursement requests,
subgrant CSO construction reimbursement requests, and nonpoint
community project reimbursement requests from communities
- Initiated a new subgrant program for septic system
management projects. Community proposals are due on
December 15, 1998.
|WSM Support Systems (WMOG6.4)
- Working on enhancements to DataView to include
better map displays; supporting WMM users around the country;
and supporting the RPO Web site.
|GIS Support to MDEQ
- The computer equipment has been installed and tested
at the MDEQ Livonia office.
|Evaluate Traditional NPS Controls
- Continued to review and finalize the reports for the On-Line
Quality Device BMP and initiated the analysis of data
from the Multi-Chamber Treatment Train BMP.
|WSM Strategy Application
- Reviewed draft illicit discharge elimination plans
for several communities during November.
- Monitored progress and costs of the community projects.
Reviewed community work plans, recommended work plans for
approval as applicable, and followed IAAs through the process.
|Evaluate Illicit Connections
- Thirty-one facilities were inspected for illicit connections
in November. No illicit discharges were found.
- Three complaints were received in November related to
reported discharges that affected the Rouge River.
Two were described as foaming and one was described as a
plume of gray water. One suspicious discharge was found
upstream of the dam at Henry Ford Estates. Surveillance
continues at these sites.
|Abandoned Dump Investigations
- Preparations on the Guidelines document are continuing.
The document will be sent out for external review soon.
|Public Involvement (DSSPI1.6)
- PI staff, Oakland County Drain Commission, and FOTR met
to discuss expanding the Rouge Education Project
in Oakland County.
- Met with FOTR to begin planning the 2nd
annual Water Festival.
- PI staff made presentations to Master Composters and
a local garden club.
|Rouge Watershed Management GIS
Pilot Program (DSSPI5.4)
- The final data report was issued in October.